-About Echeveria Subcorymbosa Lau 030-
Echeveria Subcorymbosa Lau 030 is a succulent of the Echeveria genus in the Crassulacea family. Its plant is small and compact and quickly forms clusters. The leaves are usually arranged tightly and are very easy to color. The whole plant is covered with a very thin layer of farina; the leaves are typically blue-green. Under an environment with long light time and large temperature difference, the leaves will turn into a magnificent purple-pink, and the leaf margins will turn deep red, making the already angular leaves even more delicate.
-How to care for Echeveria Subcorymbosa Lau 030-
Sun/Temperature: First, the stems and leaves of Echeveria Subcorymbosa Lau 030 are relatively small, so it is not resistant to direct sunlight. When the summer temperature exceeds 86°F, it is necessary to start shading it or move it to a cool and ventilated place with indirect sunlight for maintenance. If we do not shade Echeveria Subcorymbosa Lau 030 in time during the summer, just a few hours of exposure to high temperatures can be fatal. It will be dormant if the temperature is below 41°F in winter, so keeping it warm in winter is important; it is recommended that place it indoors.
Soil: Using organic succulent and cactus soil mix is the best option. Small succulents still need to grow, and using too high a proportion of particle soil is not recommended. Adding about 30% particles to increase water permeability is ok. Adult succulents have thick leaves, and you can choose 70%-80% particles to increase air permeability, strong air and water permeability, can discharge excess water in time, prevent succulent root black rot.
Watering: Echeveria Subcorymbosa Lau 030 is a relatively drought-tolerant succulent that does not need too much water. The general soil is slightly dry in the spring and autumn, the two growing seasons. At this time, you need to water it about once a week. Of course, it is also up to the air humidity. If it is on a rainy day, we do not need to water it. It will be dormant in high summer temperatures. Although it does not absorb much moisture, the temperature is high, moisture evaporation is fast, and we still have to use a watering can every 3 days to spray the surface soil wet and maintain the activity of its root system. In winter, it is best to gradually reduce the amount of watering when the temperature becomes cold at any time, especially when it drops to freezing, then stop watering, which can improve its ability to withstand cold.
Propagation: Propagating Echeveria Subcorymbosa Lau 030 by offset is a better way. First, collect offsets and let them dry off in a shaded spot for a day. This will dry any wounds and minimize the chances of infections and rotting. After drying, the pups are planted in pots or trays with drainage holes in a succulent potting mix. Various mediums can be used at this stage, including seed-raising mix, coarse sand, and even peat pellets. Then place them in a place where you can receive enough sunlight, and pay attention to placing them under the shade net at noon in the hot summer to prevent sunburn.
Primary color: Purple, pink, red
Secondary color: Green
Cold hardiness: USDA zones 11 (40°F)
Product format: rooted in 2" nursery pot.
Suitability: balcony, window
Propagation: leaf, behead, offset